The site of Westbourne Manor House was built over from around 1867 with Amberley Road and its timber wharves built along the canal bank. Amberley Mews was built behind Amberley Road as a typical 1860 mews development.
Amberley Mews was featured, providing a record of its look, in the film ’The Blue Lamp’ at the beginning of the 1950s. Dirk Bogarde played Tom Riley, living in the fictional version of the street. Amberley Mews no longer exists – the site was built over with new flats at the end of the 1960s.