Lansdowne Terrace is a street located in Bloomsbury which stretches from south to north, connecting Guilford Street to Brunswick Square.
John Street was named for John Blagrave, carpenter to the Doughty family.
Ormond Mews – also Ormond Yard – was made up of two extensive rows of mews and was situated just south of Great Ormond Street.
Lamb’s Conduit Street takes its name from Lambs Conduit – a dam across a tributary of the River Fleet.
The completion of Thomas Cubitt’s Gordon Square in 1860 marked the final development of Bloomsbury.
Doughty Street is a broad tree-lined street in the Holborn district.
Russell Square was laid out from 1800 by James Burton following the demolition of Bedford House, which originally stood on the site surrounded by gardens and fields.
Cromer Street originally gave access from Gray’s Inn Road to Greenland Place and a bowling green.
Gower Street is named after Gertrude Leveson-Gower, the wife of John Russell, the 4th Duke of Bedford.
Featured streets are gleaned from the various Conservation Area guides issued by the London Borough of Camden. ABBEY ROAD (1824) Abbey Road at the northeast of the St John’s Wood West area was laid out in 1824 along an earlier medieval track. ABERDARE GARDENS (1893) The last road to be developed in the area was …