Category: Cockfosters

Cockfosters

This area was also part of the land given to Geoffrey de Mandeville by William the Conqueror and also became part of Enfield Chase. A map of 1776 shows “Cockfosters” centred on the present junction of Chalk Lane/Games Road with a messuage (house plus outbuildings) on West Farm. The name Cockfosters is believed to be derived from the title …

Continue reading