Category: Cricklewood

Middlesex – Kilburn and Cricklewood

Kilburn, Edgware Road, And Cricklewood The name Kilburn, used c. 1134 as Cuneburna, the royal or possibly cow’s stream, was applied to the priory built beside the stream and later to the whole neighbourhood on both sides of Edgware Road. The western portion, in Willesden parish, has been treated elsewhere. Before c. 1134 there was …

Continue reading