Parsons Green is both a road and the name of the green bounded by it.
Ashcombe Street, SW6
Ashcombe Street was part of the Morrison’s Farm Estate.
Barclay Road, SW6
Barclay Road runs from Fulham Road to the rails of the District Line.
Langthorne Street, SW6
Langthorne Street is final step in the Alphabet Streets of Fulham.
London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Street histories in this section are largely taken from the Conservation Area guides of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. Some of this material is based on the research of Michael Dover and the Fulham & Hammersmith History Society. ACFOLD ROAD A builder, James Nichols, developed much of the area with elaborately decorated terraces. …
The Fascination of London – Hammersmith, Fulham and Putney
Hammersmith, Fulham and Putney – The Fascination of London by Geraldine Edith Mitton HAMMERSMITH The parish of Hammersmith is mentioned in Doomsday Book under the name of Hermoderwode, and in ancient deeds of the Exchequer as Hermoderworth. It is called Hamersmith in the Court Rolls of the beginning of Henry VII.’s reign. This is evidently …
The original Craven Cottage’ was built in 1780, by William Craven, the sixth Baron Craven and was located at the position of the centre circle of the current Fulham FC pitch. At the time, the surrounding areas were woods which made up part of Anne Boleyn’s hunting grounds. The Cottage was lived in by Edward …