The Plough and Harrow was situated on Heathrow Road between the junctions of Cain’s Lane and High Tree Lane.
Heathrow Road is now buried beneath the runways and terminal buildings of Heathrow Airport.
Heath Row was a medieval settlement which gave its name to the airport.
Heathrow Airport itself began in 1944 – its underground station opened in 1977.
Note: The following account was written by local historian Philip Sherwood in 2007, and featured on a lost website which campaigned against the expansion of Heathrow Airport. In recovering it and featuring it here, we make no claims on copyright which still lies with the original author. Before it was destroyed in 1944 Heathrow …