Category: Maida Vale

Maida Vale

The name derives from the early 19th century public house “The Heroes of Maida” on Edgware Road. The earliest layouts followed on from the building of the Regent’s Canal (1812-20) although building only started significantly in the 1830s, the southern area being virtually complete by mid 1860’s up to Sutherland Avenue. The remaining area was …

Continue reading