Category: N7

Market Estate, N7

The Market Estate is situated to the north of Caledonian Park, named after the Metropolitan Cattle Market which operated on the site until the 1960s.

Alsen Road, N7

Alsen Road, which existed between 1851 and 1972 crossed the still-extant Andover Road.

Islington

Streets with a story – The book of Islington by Eric A Willats FLA. The introduction can be found here First published 1986: Islington Local History Education Trust Digital edition (revised) 2017: Islington Heritage Service For ease of reading, we have distributed some of Eric Willats’ text throughout the street articles linked to from here …

Continue reading