Category: Pimlico

St Georges Row, SW1V

St Georges Row was built as Monster Row circa 1785, and renamed in 1833.

Aylesford Street, SW1V

Aylesford Street was built in 1848.

Pulford Street, SW1V

Pulford Street was a street between construction in 1848 and demolition after the Second World War.

The Fascination of London: Belgravia and Pimlico

Belgravia and Pimlico – The Fascination of London by Geraldine Edith Mitton The Eia estate The larger portion of the district is included in the ancient estate of Eia, 890 acres in extent, reaching from the Bayswater Road to the Thames, which was given by William the Conqueror to Geoffrey de Mandeville, who at his …

Continue reading

Pimlico

Pimlico is the triangular area of land bounded by Vauxhall Bridge Road, the Thames and the railway into Victoria Station. The first recorded use of the name was in 1626 when it referred to a group of mean cottages called Neat Houses around Ranelagh Gardens. When the nearby Buckingham House had been sold to George …

Continue reading