The Vine Tavern was situated on a site in the middle of Mile End Road, theoretically at number 31.
Brook Street was an old name for this section of Cable Street.
Cable Street started as a straight path along which hemp ropes were twisted into ships’ cables.
Juniper Street is now simply a cul-de-sac
Prince’s Square was part of an eighteenth century Swedish community.
Much of this section derives from the research of Prebendary Arthur Royall (13 October 1919 – 17 June 2013). East London Churches with dates of Consecration The Parish Churches Of Bethnal Green St. Matthew 1746 St. John on Bethnal Green 1823 St. Philip 1840 St. Peter 1841 St. Andrew 1841 St. James the Less 1842. …