The 50-acre White City Estate was built in 1938-1939 on the former White City Exhibition Grounds.
Goldhawk Road is a main road in West London, which starts at Shepherd’s Bush and runs west.
Bloemfontein Road is one of the main roads of the White City Estate.
Bryony Road was one of the main roads of the 1920s Wormholt Estate.
Fitzneal Street runs off of Old Oak Common Lane.
Macfarlane Place – a road with two lifetimes.
Ormiston Grove dates from the Edwardian era.
[advanced_iframe securitykey=”73bfdf36bff161fdb6d48c80a87afbe943e66891″ src=”http://theundergroundmap.com/iframe.html?id=50156&zoom=16&iheight=400″ width=”400″ height=”400″] Braybrook Street is a residential road on the Old Oak council estate bordering Wormwood Scrubs and Wormwood Scrubs prison, first laid out in the 1920s. The 1966 Massacre of Braybrook Street, involved the murder of three police officers in London by Harry Roberts and two others. The officers had stopped …
There was for a time a bewildering confusion of station names in the Shepherd’s Bush area, because the London & South Western Railway, which ran trains along the tracks of the West London Railway through Addison Road, in 1869 constructed a branch line which curved westwards from Addison Road down to Richmond with stations eventually …
Shepherd’s Bush Market is located on the east side of the railway viaduct for the Hammersmith and City Tube line, and is bordered on the north side by the Uxbridge Road, and on the south by the Goldhawk Road. The market sits on land owned by Transport for London and is the subject (at time …