West End walk that’s not on the Monopoly board
Category: West End
The Café Royal – now a five-star hotel at 68 Regent Street – was, before its conversion to a hotel, a notable restaurant.
Adelphi Terrace is named after John and Robert Adam, who built the Adelphi development in the 1760s.
Vine Street is a short dead-end street running east from Swallow Street and is parallel to Piccadilly.
Regent Street dates from the 1810s and was named after the Prince Regent, later George IV.
Piccadilly Circus was laid out by John Nash in 1819.
Panton Street was named after Colonel Thomas Panton, local property dealer of the 17th century.
The Adelphi is a small district surrounding the streets of Adelphi Terrace, Robert Street and John Adam Street.
Oxford Street is Europe’s busiest shopping street, with around half a million daily visitors, and as of 2012 had approximately 300 shops.
Newport Court was laid out approximately on the site of the courtyard of Newport House.