Eresby Road was laid out in 1879 – across the southern part of the Little Estate, owned by the Powell-Cotton family. 26 houses were built there between 1883 and 1885. 12 more were built between 1891-2.
Cottages called Clarence Place backed onto a small lane. They were demolished in the 1890s as Kilburn High Road developed.
Eresby Road disappeared with the building of a new housing estate in the 1970s and Kingsgate Place was diverted to run along the side of the new estate and emerge here.