Parsons Green is bounded on its three sides by the New King’s Road, the A308 and Parsons Green Lane. It is named after the rectors of the parish of Fulham whose residence once adjoined this land – subsequently, the name was adopted for the district.
From the late 17th century, the area surrounding the green became the site for fine houses and grounds built by merchants and the gentry within easy distance of London. A number of Georgian houses have survived, some of them replacing earlier Tudor and Elizabethan buildings.
An annual fundraiser called ’Fair on the Green’ is held on the green.
Fulham F.C. had their ground in Parsons Green for two years from 1889.