was laid out in the late 1870s.
From the late 1870s building began in the area with 20 houses by Charles Kellond in Goldhurst Terrace
, the most southerly of the new roads, in 1879 and another 50 there between 1880 and 1885; 101 houses, some flats, and a riding school were added between 1886 and 1900, mostly by T. K. Wells of Kentish Town. Building was complete throughout the area by 1913.
Except the mews Canfield Place
, which was ’fairly comfortable’, the whole district was middle-class c. 1890.